For this past months, we’ve been out to different tropical places around Cambodia. The purpose of doing so is to gather information about species of animals. But the primary goal of this exploration is to publish a book about different species of Cambodia animals. There also alternative ways of gathering information, such as online resources, experts, and printed resources. It took us about 6 months to publish the book. The paintings inside were originally painted by the Liger Leadership Academy students. Below is the cover of our book called, The Illustrated Guide to Wildlife of Cambodia
Name: Tropical Forest Ecology
Date: May 5 2014 – June 17 2014
Number of People: 12
- How are organisms and the nonliving environment interconnected in the world around us?
- What is the value of tropical forest ecosystems for Cambodia?
- How do humans impact tropical forest ecosystems in Cambodia? Is it possible to use tropical forests sustainably?
Continue reading “Tropical Forest Ecology”
Exploration Name: VaPAC
Exploration Dates: Jan 20 to Mar 7
Number of students: 12 students
My group name is VaPAC. Continue reading “VaPAC Description”
Exploration Name: Documentary
Exploration Dates: November 20 – January 17
Number of students: 12
Description: The first day of our class was very exciting because we heard from the teacher that we were going on a trip to Siem Reap for four days. Continue reading “Documentary Description”
Exploration Name: Newspapers
Exploration Dates: October 7 to November 19
Number of students: 12
(1) Why do we have newspapers?
(2) Historically, what have newspapers sought to do?
(3) How is the purpose enhanced or diminished by external factors (freedom of speech, infrastructure)?
(4) What do reporters do and what are their ethical responsibilities?
(5) What is the process of creating a newspaper from start to finish? What role does technology play?
In our newspaper class we had a lot of hard things to do but there were fun things to do too. The first thing we did was get introduced to some of the old and famous newspapers. Later on we got the name of one of the newspapers and did the research in pairs or groups.
Continue reading “Newspaper Description”
Exploration Name: Simple Machines (Toys)
Exploration Dates: August 12 – September 26
Number of students: 13
1. What are simple machines?
2. What is mechanical advantage?
3. How can simple machines be used to create engaging interactive toys and why is toy creation a powerful form of learning?
Description: In our Exploration class we learned about simple machines and how to make toys using cams (it is like a circle, like wheel and axle) + simple machines. Simple machines can make some jobs easier to do. We learned about wedges, levers, pulleys, inclined planes, gears, screws, wheels and axles. Each of these things have different advantages and disadvantages. Continue reading “Toys Description”